Application Procedures & Required Documents
The application window will begin in January of 2017.
If you have trouble accessing the Application please contact Laura Kaufman at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (828) 262-6084.
Application materials must be submitted by eligible institutions, not individual contestants. Interested performers should contact their school/division/department offices for more information about institutional submissions.
Application Materials must include the following:
- Completed Application Form
- A description of the work to be performed at the competition, which must include all movements (if applicable), as well as timing for the work to be performed.
- A brief biography of the contestant, including experience, history of study, honors, solo performances, reviews and any other pertinent information.
- One high quality, color (or black & white) digital photo suitable for publication (no smaller than 3" by 5”).
- Recording of the selection to be performed in the competition. Selection will be uploaded to competition website at time of application. Recordings will be sent to professional adjudicators who will select the most qualified applicants to participate in the competition. Therefore, they must be anonymous to help protect the objectivity of the judging process. SUBMISSIONS THAT IDENTIFY THE APPLICANT TO THE JURORS IN THE AUDIO PORTION OF THE RECORDING WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- Must be complete works, including all movements of concertos or other multi-movement works, totaling a minimum of fifteen-twenty minutes of music. One to two movements of a concerto will be accepted as long as they meet the minimum time requirement. Cuts of accompaniment material are acceptable.
- Instrumentalists should submit concertos or other comparable works for soloist and orchestra.
- Vocalists should submit two-five contrasting arias or other comparable works for soloist and orchestra.
- Please note that multi-movement works (or multiple works for vocalists) must be combined into one audio file.