Application Procedures & Required Documents
The application window is now open!
If you have trouble accessing the Application please contact Laura Kaufman at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (828) 262-6084x105.
Note: All materials listed below must be submitted as part of online application.
- Audio recording of the selection to be performed in the competition (mp3). Please name file with First and Last Name.
- Please note that for the preliminary round, recordings will be shared with jurors for a blind adjudication process; therefore, recordings must be anonymous to help protect the objectivity of the judging process. Submissions that identify the applicant in the audio recording will be disqualified.
- One high resolution digital headshot suitable for publication (300 dpi resolution). Please name file with First and Last name.
- A brief biography of the contestant (approximately 300 words)
- Faculty Statement of Recommendation (signed by primary performance area instructor)
Repertoire Requirements for Application:
- The repertoire must be complete works, including concerto movements or other multi-movement works, totaling a minimum of 15 minutes of music; however, a single movement of a major concerto may be presented, as long as it meets the minimum time requirement of 15 minutes. Cuts of accompaniment material are acceptable.
- Instrumentalists should submit concertos or other comparable works for soloist and orchestra.
- Vocalists should submit two arias or other comparable works for voice and orchestra. Vocalists may add additional repertoire to reach the 15 minute minimum audition time limit.
- Please note that multi-movement works (or multiple works for vocalists) must be combined into one audio file (mp3).
Repertoire Requirements for Live Performance:
- Contestants must perform the same repertoire as submitted with the application.
- Repertoire must be memorized.
- The final live round of the competition is a public event on July 6, 2019, in which contestants will be allowed to perform for approximately 15-20 minutes (maximum time allowed is 20 minutes). If the complete work exceeds 20 minutes, contestants may select single movements for the live performance.
Application Deadline: April 5, 2019
Applications and application materials MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE by Friday, April 5, 2019.