Pictured at right, Marco Nunez, 2015 Competition Winner
- North Carolina colleges/universities that are accredited by the SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) will be invited to participate in the competition.
- The competition is open to any student who meets one of the following two (2) criteria:
- Has attained at least the level of rising sophomore and is currently enrolled at a North Carolina college/university in an undergraduate or graduate degree program; or
- Any graduate – within last two years – of a North Carolina college/university with a bachelor’s or graduate degree. The student must be no more than 30 years of age as of time of competition.
- All finalists competing in the final round must provide an accompanist for the competition. Both the applicant and the accompanist must be available to travel to Boone, NC for the final round of competition, should they be selected as one of the finalists for the competition.
- A First Place Winner from a previous Rosen-Schaffel Competition is not eligible to return for future competitions.
- Prize Award eligibility is conditional upon authorization for employment in the United States, or otherwise eligible to receive payment under state and federal laws.